The intermediate terrace, safe from the floods of the river, which grew into the historic city, first within its walls, then expanded outside. A road-doubling project of the A7 and A49 autoroutes was considered to relieve the ring road of its transit traffic but was abandoned, even though this axis was granted to the society of the Autoroutes du Sud de la France [fr] (ASF) and acquisitions had been completed. The Pendentif de Valence [fr], a building of Renaissance inspiration, which is probably the funerary monument of Nicolas Mistral, Canon of the Saint-Apollinaire Cathedral, seems to have been built in 1548, from a stone engraved with an inscription to that effect. Under the direction of Commander Laurent Blanchard, the firefighters of the Drôme took part in 28,551 interventions in 2013. The moorish house known as Mauresque à Ferlin, after the name of its owner, was built in 1858 and of oriental inspiration. Founded on 26 July 1452 by the dauphin Louis, future Louis XI, the University of Valence grew quickly. The best known of Valence's monuments to its notable inhabitants include those to Émile Augier the dramatist by the duchess of Uzès (1897), and to General Championnet.. To the north, beyond the Isère Valley, the Romanais continues, geologically, Valence plain. It spread over 41 hectares (100 acres) and has in addition to the port itself, an industrial zone with 9 hectares (22 acres) of area of warehouses, including customs, a grain terminal, a 'wood' centre, and the storage sheds (7,600 square metres (82,000 sq ft) all products). The committee of twinning of Valence is the association responsible for the promotion, coordination and organisation of exchanges between Valence and its twin cities, with the support of the city of Valence. Vous profiterez du calme du centre-ville dans notre Hôtel Hyper centre Valence avec une décoration sobre et chic. Several cities are twinned or partners of Valence:, In 2017, the municipality had 63,714 inhabitants. North of Valence, the rise could be done under sail (but not always). Formerly, the cultivation of olive trees was previously on the well-exposed heights of Tain-l'Hermitage (19 kilometres (12 mi) to the north), but they were replaced by the culture of the vine at first, and then by that of apricot, peach and other fruits which are still very present in the region, even though more than 7,000 hectares (17,000 acres) of fruits (mainly apricots, cherries, peaches and kiwis) disappeared from the Drôme landscapes due to an outbreak of sharka and a bacterial infection forcing wilt since 2003. , To facilitate the expansion of the town to the east, a large expressway was built (it is used by the RN7), where the Valence-Chabeuil Airport has been in operation since 1969.. After spending several days in the city prison, Mandrin was sentenced to death: It was conducted on the Place des Clercs [fr] where the scaffold was erected, his death ensued on the breaking wheel. The region has a bus network called Citéa which covers the Valence agglomeration (located across the departments of Drôme and Ardèche) and the romano-peageoise town (about 20 kilometres (12 mi) north of Valence). The Maison Pic is a world-renowned three Michelin star restaurant and hotel, established in 1889. Created in 1850 and installed in the former bishopric since 1911, it houses a hundred drawings by Hubert Robert with lots of sanguine. J.-C. dans le territoire des Segovellaunes, après l'invasion par les Romains et se positionne rapidement comme étant le plus vaste carrefour de voies romaines, après Lyon. The share of social housing (empty rented HLM) was 16.5% against 18.8%, their number having dropped: 5,059 against 5,439.. On 15 August 1944, bombs destroyed several quarters and buildings in the city, including the hospital, killing 280 people.  In 2008, the station was served by 58 daily TGVs, carrying 2.2 million passengers. In 2005, the fountain was renovated and moved a few metres, in order to better integrate into the perspective of the renovated boulevards and in 2006, a copy of the winged genius, which was destroyed in 1954 by lightning which struck the column, was replaced at the top of the column.  The region still suffered the raids of the Saracens at the end of the 9th and the 10th century. The portion of the A7 autoroute in the centre is the legacy of the 1960s when the city turned back to its river.  It showed signs of rapid integration: In 1946, half of the 2,000 Armenians of Valencia opted for French citizenship. Indeed, as early as 1388, the toponym "Pont Péri" [Péri Bridge] is carried by a sector of the quarter of Basse-Ville lying in the extension of the east-west axis of the ancient city. The airport has three runways: one of 2,100 metres (6,900 ft) in concrete, and two smaller, 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) and 440 metres (1,440 ft). It made for a "delphinal palace", later occupied by the religious order of the Recollects.